Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval:Indian, Non IT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Eval:Indian, Non IT [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2013, 11:06
Stats
GMAT 710 (Q49/V39); 92 (83%/88%)
Nationality :Indian

Engineering:Production engineering (operations and Supply chain) from a Top government College .

GPA: 8 on scale of 10

Work Experience: Total - 4 years
1 st 2.5 years:Major Machine Design and Factory automation firm

0.5 years experience in vendor management.
1 year shop floor supervisor. handled a group of technicians for machine building and commissioning.
1 year design of machine and assembly lines for product assembly( responsible for whole project from initial discussion to commissioning) .

Next 1.5 years: Major automobile firm from Europe.

1 year : Design of assembly lines for automobile components (includes shop floor coordination and supplier interactions) onsite engineer in India .
0.5 years :supply chain and purchase and design of fixtures for assembly components .

Extra Curricular
Volunteer at government school to teach kids mathematics and cricket.
Part of company CSR team.
National/State level cricket player.
Captain university team in the final year.
Part of company cricket team.
Member of organizing committee for cultural as well as technical fests at college.
Internship at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore as assistant to prof. on writing a operations management book for 2 months.

Certifications:
1) Green Belt six sigma.
2) learning German( if that helps).

Why MBA?

The main focus is Operations Management and supply chain.
short term:To gain more experience and exposure in any of major operations or supply chain companies
long term: To take over family business ( not that big) of import and export of heavy machinery( related to operations and supply chain).

Target Schools
Stretch:MIT-Sloan,IESE
Match :Tepper, Ross,ISB, Said.
Safety:NUS, Krannert (purdue), Cranfield

My cause for worry is that I do not have enough quality of WE. Should I wait another year? I don't have any subordinates who report to me. I do not have a promotion to show for as I switched jobs when i was to be promoted. I most probably will be promoted next year beginning.
All that said I will still get glowing recommendations.
Is it a weakness to be an applicant with mostly technical experience?

Request you to please evaluate my profile and advise if I the list seems realistic and if I need to add/remove some schools.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval:Indian, Non IT [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2013, 22:45
Expert's post
Well, not knowing enough in depth about your Work Experience (what you actually do and what your achievements are) it's a bit hard for me to say whether it is good enough! :) But keep in mind a few things 1. Your four years is for sure enough for you to apply. 2. Lots of people apply without leadership experience. If you know for SURE that you will be promoted to a managerial position and don't mind staying at your job for another, yes that can help nicely when it comes time to apply, but otherwise, I don't necessarily see it as an advantage to have another year and you should apply now.

Your school list seems good, and your evaluation about right (again, the info you provided is a bit rough, but it seems reasonable). In addition to the schools on your list, I would suggest Kellogg and McCombs for their strengths in production management as well.

If you'd like a fuller evaluation, you can contact us for a free consultation: http://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/

Look forward to hearing from you,
Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!