My main questions are:
1. Will my low GPA affect my chances of getting into an EMBA program? I tried going back to my university to check if I can complete my degree or atleast take some courses to increase my GPA and was told that since it's been over 10 years, I will have to re-start everything all over.
2. Will the low GPA and incomplete degree work against me? What can I do to offset the effect?
3. Based on my background and profile, what can I do to ensure getting into one of those programs.
4. My company (might be willing) to sponsor me to attend EMBA, will that improve my chances to get into a program or it does not matter if I am a self-sponsored or a company-sponsored candidate?
Let's just jump straight into your questions then.
1. Not so much. Yes, ti will affect it, but still you have SOOOOO much work experience behind you that all that seems much less relevant at this point in time. Just leave it be.
2. For your incomplete Masters - you are in no obligation to report an incomplete degree, and that is what you should do - not report it. Problem solved!!!
3. See question 4
4. GET YOUR COMPANY TO SPONSOR YOU!!!!! This is the SINGLE best thing you can do to get into an EMBA program - this tells the school that "Company X is willing to spend money on you" meaning they are investing in your future success, and it is a VERY convincing argument.
Good luck on your GMAT!!!
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!