Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval Pls - GMAT690..5yr WrKEx..Consulting my AIM

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB, NUS, INSEAD, LBS
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Eval Pls - GMAT690..5yr WrKEx..Consulting my AIM [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 05:20
Hello All,

I just finished with my GMAT ((Q48,V36))...quite dissapointed...but never the less...heres my background..

Education: Computer Engineer (66%..GPA around 3.5 to 3.6)

- Work Ex - Will Complete 5 years in an other 4 months..
>First 18 months with an IT company...
>Next: Career Change..Big RISK...Paid off well...Currently working as an Assistant Manager with a small-sized research and consulting company for the past three years.
-My AIM: I want to be a full time management consultant!!

My Target B schools...Asian (ISB, NUS, Nanyang) and European (Insead, HEC, LBS...)

My Doubts: Is my GMAT score (considering my target schools) enough or should i give it again...from what I understand, consulting companies seek high GMAT scorers at the time for placements.

Key Strengths: Good Work Ex ( Have been as they say a 'Star performer', Employee of the Year Award and two Quick Promotions in two years, post my big career change)

Key Weaknesses: Average GMAT score and an Average Udergraduate Degree.

Kindly let me know your views guys...am DESPERATE!!!

Regards
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Eval Pls - GMAT690..5yr WrKEx..Consulting my AIM [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 12:36
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but INSEAD and LBS are going to be a big stretch. You should be competitive for HEC though. MGT consulting firms : Mckinsey, BCG, Bain and the like, do screen out candidates based on their GMAT scores and they usually prefer students with higher scores, around the top 10 % for a given school. I am not sure if this applies to europe, in the US typically MGT consulting firms screen candidates based on their undergrad GPA as well. You'll better off with a higher GMAT score of around 720 +

Good luck with you applications
Re: Profile Eval Pls - GMAT690..5yr WrKEx..Consulting my AIM   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2010, 12:36