Hi guys - I know I'm a little late in the game, but would appreciate if anyone could kindly review my profile and advice if I should still apply for UCLA Anderson R3 (for class of 2016) or wait till R1 in the coming fall for class of 2017.
GMAT - 1st attempt in Feb 2014 - 610 (Q36/V38); 2nd attempt in Mar 2014 - 640 (Q44/V34)
Undergrads and your GPA - Top 25 US college with GPA 3.5
Work Experience in detail - Worked as auditor in a regional CPA firm in the US then moved to a Big 4 in HK; later moved to top investment banks and work as product compliance for institutional securities divisions (total work exp 6 yrs - 3 yrs in audit; 3 yrs in compliance)
Short term and long term goals - short term goal is for a career switch into marketing, with focus on brand management in consumer products industry
Preference of area to settle - west coast
I grew up in Asia and moved to the US for college and later on landed a job in the US. I double majored in Business Administration (emphasis in Finance) and Accounting, and naturally started off my career as an auditor. After 3 years of public accounting, I have decided to move into a Product Compliance role in a BB investment bank (HK office) where I could learn something different and be challenged professionally. My work progression has been good, recently been promoted to Vice President. I am a Certified Public Accountant in the US and I have also completed Level II of the CFA Exam. My background is heavily focused in finance/accounting but I've always longed to work in a more creative environment and in an industry that is more relevant to people's day-to-day lives. Hence the decision to go to a B-school.
I understand my GMAT score is below the 80th-range published on UCLA website but I'm still hoping I would stand a chance. I suppose what I could offer to the school are my international background and also experience in working at IBs.
I would appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thank you very much in advance.