Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 07:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval Request - (Start Up&Mgt Consulting Backgrou

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Eval Request - (Start Up&Mgt Consulting Backgrou [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 16:22
Hi there,

I was hoping you could evaluate my profile. Here's the summary:

- 24 years old, from Canada
- Joined a venture backed American technology start up right out of undergrad. Size of company when joined, 60. From time of joining, company grew from $6 million to $300 million in 2 years. It was ultimately acquired by an established tech giant. Was directly involved in this hyper-growth (took the initiative as junior and developed & implemented ideas/strategies that generated millions in growth, of course aiding the hyper-growth). Loved being an entrepreneur & building a business
- When the company got bought out, I wanted to continue learning how to build & grow businesses. I managed to get myself into one of the global accounting firm's Management Consulting divisions. Will have 1.5 years mgt consulting experience by the time I apply to b-schools
- Have not written GMAT yet, but want to realistically target the high 600's to low 700's
- Undergraduate in Economics, but low GPA (below 3.0)
- Very involved in extra-curriculars in undergrad to the point where I was awarded a university-wide leadership award (given only to a select few) in my final year

Do I have a chance at the top-tier schools? 2nd tier? What will I need to score on my GMAT to get into a top-tier school? I'd like to either get into a top UK school or top US school, but I just don't know if my profile is good enough. Thanks so much!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 20:43
Entrepreneur stuff is great for apps, so that will serve you well. Doing well on the GMAT is key since your GPA is less than illustrious. ~700 should allow you to reasonably apply to top 15 schools, with a top 15-25 good for a safety.

http://www.mbagameplan.com