1) Basic: 24, female, Asian-American
2) Undergrad: Did my undergrad at UC Irvine, with one year of study-abroad in China; Double majored in Economics and International Studies; GPA 3.3; GMAT 750; No grad work
3) WE: Since my graduation from UCI in 2010, I've been working at a top-3 local Chinese investment bank owned by one of the largest State-owned banks in China (I'm the only foreigner in the office; I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese and can read and write as well). I'll be reaching my 2-year mark next month! I'm primarily focused on cross-border M&A, but I was also involved in a couple of listed company restructurings and pre-IPO restructurings.
4) EC: Currently involved in a one-on-one mentoring program for underprivileged migrant children.
5) Career Goals: I want to stay in finance after getting my MBA, preferably working on the buy-side, doing more cross-border deals (especially between China and the U.S.) so i can leverage off my Chinese banking experience.
6) Target schools: NYU, Columbia, Wharton, HBS, U Chicago, USC, UCLA, Duke, Dartmouth
You have a really strong profile. Your GPA is a little low, but your GMAT and work experience are excellent. Your EC's are competitive. I think you are applying appropriately and have chosen your schools well.
If you would like help with your MBA applications,
please keep Accepted in mind.
JUST PUBLISHED! MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog