1) Basic: 24, female, Asian-American
2) Undergrad: Did my undergrad at UC Irvine, with one year of study-abroad in China; Double majored in Economics and International Studies; GPA 3.3; GMAT 750; No grad work
3) WE: Since my graduation from UCI in 2010, I've been working at a top-3 local Chinese investment bank owned by one of the largest State-owned banks in China (I'm the only foreigner in the office; I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese and can read and write as well). I'll be reaching my 2-year mark next month! I'm primarily focused on cross-border M&A, but I was also involved in a couple of listed company restructurings and pre-IPO restructurings.
4) EC: Currently involved in a one-on-one mentoring program for underprivileged migrant children.
5) Career Goals: I want to stay in finance after getting my MBA, preferably working on the buy-side, doing more cross-border deals (especially between China and the U.S.) so i can leverage off my Chinese banking experience.
6) Target schools: NYU, Columbia, Wharton, HBS, U Chicago, USC, UCLA, Duke, Dartmouth
You have a really strong profile. Your GPA is a little low, but your GMAT and work experience are excellent. Your EC's are competitive. I think you are applying appropriately and have chosen your schools well.
If you would like help with your MBA applications,
please keep Accepted in mind.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog