Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 21:53
Hello,

Here is my profile:
Chinese Female, 27.
undergraduate from top univeristy in China, major in computer science with GPA 2.89.
5+ Working experience in leading companies of IT industry, software engineer with a few customer facing activities.

GMAT 730, V37 Q51 AWA 4
Toefl 103, S24,R24,L28,W27

Career goal: High-tech industry will be the first choice, ideally looking for product manager position, either in big companies or start-ups, leadership program in high tech also sounds good. Consulting will be an alternative choice, IT consulting should be realistic as I have ERP working experience, strategy and management consulting will be another choice.

I have applied Stanford/Columbia/UCLA in first round, got ding from Stanford and Columbia, no response from UCLA yet. I already planned to apply for Ross and Yale in 2nd round.

If I want to start the MBA study in 2013 fall, and am looking for some program with lower rank but fit for my goal and with some scholarship. Which programs should I apply for in the 2nd round? McDonough? Rice?

Thank you very much for the advice.

Cheers,
Jessie
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4812
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 335 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89 [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 14:11
Expert's post
shenxj914 wrote:
Hello,

Here is my profile:
Chinese Female, 27.
undergraduate from top univeristy in China, major in computer science with GPA 2.89.
5+ Working experience in leading companies of IT industry, software engineer with a few customer facing activities.

GMAT 730, V37 Q51 AWA 4
Toefl 103, S24,R24,L28,W27

Career goal: High-tech industry will be the first choice, ideally looking for product manager position, either in big companies or start-ups, leadership program in high tech also sounds good. Consulting will be an alternative choice, IT consulting should be realistic as I have ERP working experience, strategy and management consulting will be another choice.

I have applied Stanford/Columbia/UCLA in first round, got ding from Stanford and Columbia, no response from UCLA yet. I already planned to apply for Ross and Yale in 2nd round.

If I want to start the MBA study in 2013 fall, and am looking for some program with lower rank but fit for my goal and with some scholarship. Which programs should I apply for in the 2nd round? McDonough? Rice?

Thank you very much for the advice.

Cheers,
Jessie


I recommend you also consider Duke, UT Austin, UNC, Cornell, and Smith.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89 [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 20:28
Hi, Linda,

Thank you for the reply. I hope you enjoy the holiday.

Quote: I recommend you also consider Duke, UT Austin, UNC, Cornell, and Smith.
Do you think any of these I will have a big chance at? I need to apply for one more school which I have a big chance at so that I can start the MBA study in 2013 fall. Lower rank is accepted and scholarship is expected.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Jessie
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4812
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 335 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 22:18
Expert's post
shenxj914 wrote:
Hi, Linda,

Thank you for the reply. I hope you enjoy the holiday.

Quote: I recommend you also consider Duke, UT Austin, UNC, Cornell, and Smith.
Do you think any of these I will have a big chance at? I need to apply for one more school which I have a big chance at so that I can start the MBA study in 2013 fall. Lower rank is accepted and scholarship is expected.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Jessie

Jesse,

You're welcome.

If you want to apply to just one more school, and want it to be one where you have a strong chance of acceptance and possibly a scholarship, given your goals, I suggest Smith or UNC.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation - 730 GMAT and 4.0 GPA paulmey23 1 15 Jan 2013, 13:04
Profile Evaluation - 730 GMAT and 4.0 GPA paulmey23 0 15 Jan 2013, 14:02
Profile Evaluation - 730 GMAT and 4.0 GPA paulmey23 1 15 Jan 2013, 12:54
Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89 shenxj914 2 21 Dec 2012, 22:01
Profile Evaluation: 730 GMAT 2.53 GPA cauxion 3 03 Nov 2010, 14:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile evaluated: GMAT 730 + GPA 2.89

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.