Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2011, 07:21
Hi Paul,
Thanks in advance for your insights. below is my profile and questions-

Profile: Indian/male/ 29 yrs old

Education: MS from US university in Chemistry (non-engineer), GPA 4.0/4.0--2006
B.Tech in chemical Technology from India (Mumbai university), Score 68 %--2002

Work experience: Total six years, Currently working as Scientist (drug discovery) since 2006 in one of the top three pharma companies in US, one promotion.
Also worked in Indian pharma company from 2002-2004 as Scientist

GMAT Score History: Highest score- 690 (Q47/77 % , V38/83%), 2nd attempt in Feb 2011,
3rd attempt in April 2011, 660 (Q 49/86 %, V31/58 %),
1st attempt in 2008, wanted to have feel og GMAT, 590 (Q47, V25)

Extracurricular activities: Organized science activities for high school kids with my company in US, Was treasurer for one of the association in grad school and raised 20K for in a year and increased funding for the association and Organized many events during undergraduate studies.

Post MBA industry
: Healthcare and consultancy

Stretch schools : Tuck, Yale, Stern and Columbia

Sweet spots: Duke, UNC, MaComb.

Concerns/Questions: My biggest concern is my GMAT score and specifically 3rd time V score and also my GMAT score from 2008. How these are going to see by Adcoms ? They really see highest one ? or will my 3rd time verbal get red flag?

How is my schools selection? Any more schools that you can suggests (considering my post mba plan
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 00:09
Expert's post
I can tell that you have certainly done your research with respect to school selection. You are basically picking the MBA programs with the best healthcare management programs.

To be honest, I believe that your current GMAT score is borderline. If you could break that magical 700 barrier, then you would look a lot more compelling, especially as an applicant from an overrepresented demographic. I know it sucks to hear me say this, but I suspect that you this already. Since it is so early in the application season, you do have time to try and take the GMAT again. I would encourage you to do so. a third try is not going to raise red flag. The bottom line is this -- if an admissions committee likes what you have to say on paper, and you have taken the GMAT five times, they really will not care. They just want to see that 700+ score. They will ignore the frequency of the examination. Now they do not like what you have to say in your application essays, then taking the GMAT a third, fourth or fifth time is just another nail in coffin.

One MBA program that you should consider as well is Johns Hopkins. I did a little more digging around and I specifically recommend the MBA in Medical Services Management or even the MBA/MS in Biotechnology. I think that options could help you advance towards your goal as a healthcare consultant. Keep in mind that the Johns Hopkins program is relatively new. But given the schools overall reputation and its history of academic excellence, I believe that the MBA program will follow suit.

Please let me know if you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation. I have helped several clients get into the healthcare management programs at some of the business schools you have listed. please e-mail me at MBA@amerasiaconsulting.com to schedule this consultation.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 18:50
Thanks a lot Paul. Really appreciate your advice.