Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 21:50
Dear Sir./Madam,
I'm Chinese, graduated from a 20 some university from China, majoring in media with a GPA of 3.35/4 scale.
I intend to be an entrepreneur for long term goal. But before that, hopefully I could work in management consulting firm for several years.
I wish to get into MiM program of any school among LSE, LBS, HEC, DUke, although I know myself suffer from lots of weakness. So Imeprial collge and Warwick tier are bottom line for me. If I failed, I would retake GMAT, accumulate more experience and consider MBA. But MiM would be my priority.
Apart from what are said above, here's my details,
1. GMAT 710(V37,Q50)+5
2. IELTS 7.5
3. Graduated from college last year. Currently working in PwC and the employment is within one year by this Sept.(Cuz LBS told me they would consider me to be eligible for MiM as long as PwC employment does not reach one year by this Sept.)
4. At college, head of campus broadcasting station, took leadership of some business planning competition and advertising competition.
5. At PwC, worked as a volunteer at rural provinces and MC of PwC China annual dinner.
6.Run an online B2C business.
7. Have some clear thoughts about doing business in rural province in China(may be used in interview)

I think my serious weakness is my libral arts background, less competitive GPA---got no academic prize in college, and less competitive GMAT(Since there are tons of Chinese who could get 750+).

Dear Sir./Madam, since I have strong interests in doing business in rural province in China and other Asian countries alike, I will elaborate more about such motivation. But could you consult whether I have any chance to be accepted by schools such as LBS LSE or Duke? Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 22:27
Hello there

While it is true that chinese students have high gmat and gpa scores and this becomes very competitive. Although if you look at the essay questions of LBS MIM it is same as their mba program essay questions. You have a good gmat and gpa score and we would recommend you to focus on to your application now- as they are key to your successful candidature. Make sure you highlight the quality of your work, your academics and beyond academics well in the application. Start thinking what makes you unique and what’s that ‘hook’ that will be key to your application.

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Re: Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2011, 22:27