Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 04:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile evaluation?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
profile evaluation? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 10:39
My friend gave the GRE today.....he wants to know which US colleges he should apply to for MS in computer science......his profile is as below:
GRE: 317(162Q,155V)=>approx 1300 in the old format
CGPA: 2.75
graduated in computer science in June, 2007 from a tier 1 engineering college in India
Presented a paper in an IEEE conference(paper will be available in IEEE explore soon)
work ex:4 months, accenture (he is considering not mentioning this at all).
What are the chances,if any, for being accepted in a good college? He is applying to university of south california, boston university, virginia tech, case western reserve univ etc....
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 11

Re: profile evaluation? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 20:37
Case Western seems to be the best bet from among these. Honestly, USC will be difficult to get into - they focus a lot on GPA and GRE scores and a 2.75 will be below par for them.

GyanOne | http://www.GyanOne.com | +91 9899831738

Get a free detailed MBA profile evaluation

Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions blog

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Economics
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: profile evaluation? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2011, 08:44
My name is Tofayel. I am a young Bangladeshi. One of my best friends was just accepted to two universities in the USA because of the excellent statement that was written on his behalf by an organization dedicated to excellence in education and helping foreign students to be accepted to computer science and engineering graduate program in the USA. I heartily recommend this resource for all students that want to go to computer science and engineering graduate school and advance their careers.

graduate school

Re: profile evaluation?   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2011, 08:44