Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
02 Dec 2011, 01:32
I'd appreciate if you could provide your feedback on my candidacy. Apologies for any poor grammar; I'm typing this pretty quickly.
Age: 25, will probably be around 28 when I apply (will this hurt my chances since average age seems to be trending down to 26 / 27?)
Nationality: Half Korean / Half Taiwanese
- 1.5 years at an IT Audit / Internal Audit Company (spinoff company from Arthur Anderson)
- 1 year in a corporate accounting / finance position at a fortune 500 Silicon Valley based gaming company
- 8 months (current job) as an investment banking analyst at a mid-market investment banking firm, I recently received an offer to stay for a 3rd year (this is generally considered as a promotion at investment banks and definitely on the "fast track" considering i've only worked for 8 months at this firm, normally most banks would offer a 3rd year extension towards the end of your 2nd year). On top of that, I was chosen to be one of the individuals who will help my firm expand a new office in NYC (my firm is currently based in SF). I consider this a great opportunity to show my leadership / management abilities, and it's also pretty cool that I am one of two people that my boss is sending out (and my firm has a total of about 35 people).
- Have not taken it yet, have been studying for the past few months, assuming I will get somewhere in the range of 700-730 (eventually)
- UC Berkeley, 3.0 GPA, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, I had a lower GPA because I initially studied electrical engineering and comp sci (EECS) and had a major injury that prevented me from going to class for the first 2 semesters, ended up having to switch majors and forced myself to take 5,5,5, and 6 engineering classes my last 4 semesters at CAL. I also received an A.A. degree in Accounting after my undergrad and graduated with a 3.9 (not sure if this will help or if it's even relevant)
Post college EC:
- I was heavily involved with a micro-finance organization called Wokai as well as a pro bono consulting non-profit called The Taproot Foundation
- Was able to provide an organization called "Rebuilding Together SF" a financial model valued at about $70k worth of consulting services
- CPA, Certified Info Sys Auditor (CISA) and Real Estate Brokers License
- Penn, Columbia, NYU, HBS, MIT, CAL
- Corporate Development in a large Gaming firm, Tech focused VC / PE shop or a SR Assoc / VP at a bulge bracket bank
Please let me know if there's any other information you'd like to know about myself in order to help with your assessment.