Please evaluate my profile and provide me guidance on which B-schools should I select.
My MBA interest: FT, General Management or finance
GMAT (on July 30, 2011) - 770 (Q50, V44, AWA 6.0)
Was selected for the first batch of Indian School of Business(ISB) Young Leaders Programme, class of 2015.
Total Work Exp: FT 0 PT 2.5 years
I worked part-time alongside college for 2.5 years in a software company. I started as an intern and then eventually moved on to taking commercial projects for the company on contract basis. I helped them start the mobile software department, hiring and training people. I also was the team leader for the department and was heavily involved in dealing with the clients.
I currently hold a job offer from Citrix Systems.
Sex – Male
Age – 23 yrs
Nationality - Indian
B. E. (IT) from Jadavpur Univ, passing out in 2012.
GPA 8.52 out of 10
XII – 78.8%, CBSE board
X – 83.6%, Maharashtra board
1. Nominated for the National Youth Award, 2012 for social service by the Government of India for my work for an NGO working for rural healthcare
2. Selected by the Government of India as a delegate to China for the India China Youth Exchange Program, 2011
3. Came 3rd in interschool debate in 10th standard in Mumbai in a city level debate competition
4. Came 2nd in under-15 throwball competition in Mumbai District
5. Best all-rounder in school in 10th standard
6. Held the post of monitor all through school life. Was prefect and assistant prefect of my house as well.
Aim: I want to join a venture capital working in the area of technology. After working there for 5-6 years I want to start up my own technology firm.
I would like to know:
1. How my profile looks for an MBA from the top 10-20 B-schools?
2. What, in your opinion, is my strengths and weakness reflected in my profile?
3. Please mention what should I do to make my case stronger for final call.
4. I am applying to HBS 2+2 and Stanford round 2. What do you think my chances are?
My debrief - http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q50-v44-on-my-first-attempt-debrief-118007.html