1) Work for major insurance company and have bounced around in several departments as part of a finance rotational program (mostly financial reporting/analysis work). 5 years of experience with 5 different teams. I am an associate manager with no direct reports or teams that I lead.
2) GMAT 750
3) College info: Seton Hall University, 3.5, Finance major/Econ minor, 2007
4) Leadership experience is admittedly lacking, I served as a math tutor to an inner-city middle school student for about an hour and a half a week during the school year for the past 2 years and will continue to do so, have participated in many work related volunteer activities, trips to soup kitchens, food banks, nature conservancies, and also took a trip last year to Ghana for a week of what I call voluntourism (helped on project of building school)
5) hold CFA designation
6) Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Yale, Tuck
7) I want to be a leader (executive) in the financial services industry
Anyone think there is a realistic shot in getting into a top school, or am I stretching here?