Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 00:42
Hi Veritas Prep,
I would appreciate if you can provide honest, quick assessment based on the information below.

Male, Asian

College: 2nd tier University in US (ranked usually around 34~39)
Major: Economics
GPA: 3.5
GMAT: 720

WE: 2 years in one of the Big-4 (advisory, corporate finance)

Extra curricular:
University Alumni Club (Founder & President - regional chapter):
Founded and established official regional alumni association - has more than 200 members in 1 year. (hosted numerous events, launched mentor/career programs for new grads, and hosted volunteer events serving the community)

Entrepreneurship / Start-up (co-founder and now small, minority shareholder)
Started a very small collective-buying shopping website (similar to groupon)

Long-term career goals:
Government Capital/Fund (education/infrastructure focused) -OR- Development Banks (e.g. Asian Development Bank - ADB)

Schools interested:
top-10

I sincerely thank you in advance for your time.
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 10:31
Expert's post
You should have a shot at top 10--all the critical components are there including great GMAT, good academics and involvement. The fact you initiated an alumni club and founded it will be a plus--b-schools love people who get involved and are innovative. Your WE is a little light, so you run the risk of being told to come back next year, so you should have a very well articulated answer for why now is the right time for you to get the MBA . Other than that, a clear vision for your post MBA career will be important, since you don't have the maturity of someone who is 28 and has been out there longer. I also like the fact you went to school in the US-this will helpdifferentiate you from other Asian male applicants. top 50 UG school will help too. Let me know if you would like some assistance. Would love to help you get in the school of your dreams.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 18:18
Thanks for the quick reply and feedback bryant!
Your comments really mean a lot to me

I am still in the planning phrase; I will definitely give email you for assistance!

Thanks again