Kindly evaluate my profile.
Undergrad - UPTU University ( 74% )
Major : in Computer Science and Technology
GMAT : 1st attempt : 680 (Q49 V33)
2nd attempt : 660 (Q49, V31) (seriously considering a retake but worried after dismal show in latest attempt. With my practice test scores in latest GMAT
had expected a 700+ score. Any suggesttions ??)
Work Experience - (3 years - Information Technology in Service Industry - Domain: Healthcare and Insurance.)
(Client: An eminent top 20 US healthcare insurance industry)
Major Responsibilities / Achievements:
2010 - May'2012
1) Requirement elicitation and code enhancement / restructuring based on requirements (software code).
2) Mentoring of new joiners in project team (have mentored 5 new recruits successfully)
3) Defect Prevention coordinator: ensure each deliverable to client is thoroughly reviewed and brainstorm and suggest solutions of defects already injected
4) Configuration Controller: Ensure that the ISO CMM Level 5 practices and processes are followed within project
5) Party / Event coordinator: Initiate and coordinate team building activities and project parties (had a very successful stint in it. Organized an organization wide
event and few other project level events on very large scale. Grew in popularity of leadership skills and team-bonding initiative activities)
6) Got account level award for two consecutive years for technical and domain knowledge excellence and dedication to work
7) Worked on two different projects which helped in dollar saving of approximately USD $80K.
8) Worked either alone / as mentor on few very big and complex US Healthcare projects since 2010.
June 2012 - till present
Shifted to Business Analyst profile and working on requirement elicitation and requirement framing for a big US Auto Insurance firm.
Extra Curricular -
- An active member in organizing events in employer organization (as stated above, already have organized few big events, mostly single handed)
- A volunteer at SPARK, an IT organization initiative to spread literacy and basic knowledge about various sciences among rural children. Have been sent as a teacher on one such missions
- Member of Toastmasters Club, a worldwide renowned club in communication and leadership development.
- Member of college IT Club (E-Xtreme) and National Engineers Organization (NEO) during graduation
- Initiated, coordinated and participated in college and school functions. An active member in such activities.
- Love playing badminton, cricket and Table Tennis. Was a member of Badminton team that won third spot in inter-IT Badminton tournament.
I'm looking forward to work on my profile, especially in extra-curricular domain, where I could show some more examples of leadership skills. Any suggestions are most welcome.
I was initially targeting top 25 B-Schools but the dream got shattered with dismal show at GMAT (that even sank in 2nd attempt). Had sent application to following schools through GMAT exam:
Kenan Flagger , Indian School of Business (ISB), National University of Singapore (NUS), Marshall and York Schulich.
Also considering sending applications to Georgetown (McDonough), Carnie Mellon, Kellogg, Emory, Duke and Kelley.
Kindly help me have a reality check as I'm almost naive about these B-schools. Let me know if I stand any chance of landing in any of above schools. Also, any suggestions for any other B-School will be appreciative. Not sure whether I should again go for GMAT as I may end up missing R1 deadline for few. Also, need some time for application process and TOEFL.
P.S.: I'm planning to work either in Consulting / Finance post MBA.
Thanks in advance.
-- Because beauty Lies in the Eyes.. So donate those eyes
KUDOS if like the post ...