Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Marshall '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 15:34

I am planning on applying to schools starting in round 2 in Jan '13 and seeking a profile evaluation.

GMAT: I recently took the GMAT and scored a 640 (Q44, V34). I am planning to take it again with a target of 680-700 but I am seeking an evaluation based off my current score.

GPA: I graduated with a BA in Economics from Brigahm Young University with a 3.27 cummulative GPA.

Work/Volunteer Experience: I currently have 2.5 years post grad work experience as a Consultant in the automotive industry for a CRM software company. (In a nutshell I travel all over the country consult with GM's and Dealer principals on how to best implement and utilize a CRM in their car dealerships.) Also, prior to completing my undergrad l spent two years living in Mexico and volunteering as a missionary for my church and I became completely fluent in spanish. While completing my undergrad I also spent two years recruiting and managing sales teams of 30-40 people and I ran two separate successful offices in different locations accross the country.

I have held many in the past, and currently hold an appointed leadership position in my church for which I volunteer a minimum of 5-10 hours each week of my time.
I actively participate in service projects in my community.

My #1 of school of choice is USC Marshall. I am also interested in UCLA Anderson, and the Marriott school at BYU. I realize my current GMAT score is on the lower end of the 80% range for all three of these schools. That being said, what are my chances at any of these schools if my GMAT does not improve?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 19:53
Expert's post
sdljr11 wrote:

I am planning on applying to schools starting in round 2 in Jan '13 and seeking a profile evaluation.

GMAT: I recently took the GMAT and scored a 640 (Q44, V34). I am planning to take it again with a target of 680-700 but I am seeking an evaluation based off my current score.

GPA: I graduated with a BA in Economics from Brigahm Young University with a 3.27 cummulative GPA.

Work/Volunteer Experience: I currently have 2.5 years post grad work experience as a Consultant in the automotive industry for a CRM software company. (In a nutshell I travel all over the country consult with GM's and Dealer principals on how to best implement and utilize a CRM in their car dealerships.) Also, prior to completing my undergrad l spent two years living in Mexico and volunteering as a missionary for my church and I became completely fluent in spanish. While completing my undergrad I also spent two years recruiting and managing sales teams of 30-40 people and I ran two separate successful offices in different locations accross the country.

I have held many in the past, and currently hold an appointed leadership position in my church for which I volunteer a minimum of 5-10 hours each week of my time.
I actively participate in service projects in my community.

My #1 of school of choice is USC Marshall. I am also interested in UCLA Anderson, and the Marriott school at BYU. I realize my current GMAT score is on the lower end of the 80% range for all three of these schools. That being said, what are my chances at any of these schools if my GMAT does not improve?

If you do not raise your GMAT score, your chances are poor at all three programs. Not nil, but not great either. Realize that your GPA is also below average for these programs and the combination of below average GMAT and GPA is very tough to overcome.

You might be interested it: "Low Stats" or Overcoming Weaknesses in Your MBA Profile.

FYI,Accepted is hosting a chat with UCLA tomorrow (Oct. 15) at 10 AM PT. Please feel free to join it.

Good luck with that GMAT.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog