Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 05:59
DELETED

Thanks Linda.

Last edited by vivek4447 on 15 Oct 2012, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 20:41
Expert's post
vivek4447 wrote:
Hi Linda,

Can you please have a look at my profile ?

Acdemics - C.G.P.A - 7.5
Undergraduate - Bachelors in Science (Physics Honours), University of Delhi
Score - 55% ( not impressive)
Undergrad. Extra Curricular - Director of science and electronics society (Neutronics) , National Cadet Corps (3Years),
PGDBM - CGPA 7.3 ( Tier 4 B-school - like a blot on resume)

Work ex. - 4 yrs. 3 months

I have worked with UK FMCG major for 2 and half years in India. I was responsible for channel sales catering to roughly 2300 retailers/wholesalers through 4 distributors and a team of 11 salesmen. Monthly business in my territory - INR 2.6 crores. Accolades for B.T.L. promotion activities.

Currently working in India's largest ecommerce company (1 year 9 months) . Built up a new product category from scratch. Got a promotion and added responsibilties.

Helped friends of mine in starting off a tours and travels business . My contribution was website creation and maintenance, weekend heritage walks in city, brochure/flyer designing, social media management.

Developed a community portal for publishing industry professionals with more than 3000 registered and largest database of industry professional users including publishers, authors and freelancers. Till date one and the only portal of its kind .

Extra Curricular - Right to information activist, fundraiser for 2 NGOs working for education of poor children and environment.
Hobbies - Traveling, photography, reading , blogging .

GMAT - 710

Goals after MBA -
Currently working as a business development manager. Would like to seek assignments at middle level management in some IT company. I intend to work in B2B/strategic alliances profiles for some IT/ITES company in fields like cloud computing, app development.

Only target school- ISB Hyderabad .

Concerns -
Average academics. No international experience. Already have a PGDBM which is equivalent to MBA.

I share your concerns, but apply and see how it goes. Your work experience and extra-curriculars are good. Double check that ISB will consider someone who already has a PGDBM.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog