Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 01:04
Hi,

I am an electronics and communication engineer from India, having following work experience and achievements:

- I have two years of work experience with a French IT consulting giant. I was selected as a member of one of their centres of excellence and prepared many proofs of concepts apart from working with a top investment bank on a niche technology.

- I was very much involved with the research work during my engineering and presented research papers at about 10 national conferences, which also published my work. Also, with my team of 4 members, created cheapest home automation system, which won accolades at all the top engineering schools in India. Was also offered help in an IT park incubator by a state government to start my own entreprneurship venture, but as our prototype was not patented it did not materialize.

- My Academic qualifications are as follows:
10th: 79%
12th: 71%
B.Tech. (Electronics and Communications): 69%
GMAT: not taken yet, targetting a 700+ score.

My question is, that with all this research and development work, am i eligible for scholarships at good universities? as i lack on the part of work experience. Also, please suggest some good B-Schools which may take interest in my story.

Thanks,
Tanay
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 08:19
Hey, did you see this? MBA chances calculator
Try running your profile on it, you can get some perspective.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 558 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 04:31
Expert's post
Tanay,
In general scholarships and such are offered as "whole package deals", meaning that they evaluate your entire profile, based on your work experience, GMAT, etc. So first without your GMAT it's not so easy to evaluate you. But in general, the rule of thumb is that at schools where you are BETTER than the average incoming student (you can figure this generally by GMAT, work expeirence prestige, etc.) then there will be a greater likelihood of you getting money. Applying round 1 also helps a bit.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Profile evaluation   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2012, 04:31