Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 10:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Date: 01-04-2014
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 03:36
Hello,

- USC Marshall undergrad with 3.6 GPA.
- Two study abroad programs while at USC. One in Europe and one in Asia. Total around 9 months abroad. Loved the experience working with business students from other countries.
- Haven't taken GMAT yet (assume 700-720 for now).
- 3 years of public accounting tax experience from large international firm (not big 4) - Senior Associate w/CPA
- 2 years of expat experience in India with the same firm assisting with the start-up of an outsourcing center for all U.S. compliance work. Responsibilities include training 150 Indian counterparts, supervision/review of work compliance work, ensuring high quality standards for deliverables between U.S and India, assisted with process improvements, change manager between U.S. and India, coordination with U.S. employees for client engagements, etc. Was selected for this opportunity based on work performance in the states. Worked closely with senior leadership to ensure the venture would be successful. Loved the experience of working with high-caliber and motivated U.S. employees (only a few were selected for this opportunity).
- Non-profit experience while in India. It's amazing how motivated you become to help the less fortunate once you are exposed to 3rd world poverty.

Reason for MBA: I want a career that is more focused on operations (I want to be exposed to cross-functional/cross-cultural teams and customers).

Goal: My short term goal (5+ years) is to get a finance or marketing position at a large consumer products multinational company (P&G/Johnson & Johnson) through a 2 year MBA leadership development program and then get promoted to manager in a cross-functional/cross-cultural role. Long term goal (10+ years) would be to stay at the company and rise through the ranks and hopefully be able to permanently relocate abroad and manage a division/subsidiary in a foreign country.

Target schools: Wharton, INSEAD, LBS
Safety: Please recommend. There are many schools, both in the U.S. and in the UK, which are appealing to me. I definitely would like international name recognition since I want to relocate abroad later in my career. It probably doesn't matter as much since I realize that by the time I get to the level where I am able to manage a foreign subsidiary on my own, my MBA will not matter nearly as much as my experience. However, I do want a program that will prepare me to become a global leader.

Thank you for your time.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 07:58
This post received
KUDOS
Hello!

Great profile. You have some very good specifics in here, which you can develop in your essays and full resume, discussing your specific functions and professional achievements through work. And it comes across well how invested you are in global interactions and engaging in an operational role for a multinational corporation. Be careful not to list off your responsibilities, since b-schools are more interested in what you've accomplished rather than what tasks you were given.

Your listed schools would definitely be great for the international focus. Other schools which have strong international focus and opportunities would be Berkeley, Hult and NYU. Because of their locations, they have fantastic outreach with the business community in addition to the faculty to develop these global ties.

We'd love to discuss your profile more. Let us know what you think!
Re: Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2012, 07:58