28 (29 at matriculation) female
1) Year and a half in IT consulting with top tier firm. 3+ years working in insurance industry for family business doing IT/software design/database work and also built a new sales division from scratch to 30% of the business. Spent the last 6 months working on a political campaign.
2) 740 overall. 44 Verbal. 48 Quant. 5 AWA. 8 IR.
3) Babson College, 3.55, Business Management with Information Tech Management Concentration, 2007.
4) Launched an annual theatrical production with proceeds going to women's charities in college, lead community group at consulting firm.
6) HBS - already dinged without interview, Haas, McCombs, Columbia, Stern, Tuck, Sloan, Stanford, Booth. Other thoughts? All stretches for me? Any suggestions on safety schools or on-par schools? I do not have external funding and getting a good scholarship/fellowship/grant is very critical.
7) Project manager in analytics/business intelligence or working in an IT startup.
Thank you for your help!
You have a competitive profile for the schools on your list. Stanford is a stretch, mainly because of its acceptance rate and you have little bit more experience than they typically accept. You have a competitive profile for Haas, Columbia, Stern, Tuck, Sloan, and Booth. McCombs is a safety. I think you have chosen your schools well. Don't be discouraged by the HBS rejection. If you would like help with your remaining MBA applications
, or at least an evaluation of your HBS app, please let me know
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog