Thank you for reviewing my profile. Any advice you have would be much appreciated
Age: 29 years
Nationality : Indian
Undergrad: Computer Science Engineering, CGPA: 7.18/10
Post Grad: MBA for a very good institute ,
Work Ex - 4 years as an Sales Manager in an IT Company. Good Performance but nothing exceptional.
Extracurriculars: Not very impressive. did some community work and organized quite a few events in college but nothing after that.
Others: Cleared all three levels of CFA and both levels of FRM
I am looking for a career in Finance and Banking Industry.
1. Considering my high GMAT Score and low GPA, Please suggest a few colleges which would give high weightage to my GMAT Score.
2. Do I stand a chance at H/S/W?
3. What are my chances in other top 20 b-schools ?
4. Which schools to target?
5. Since I already have an MBA degree, will it make my acceptance tougher than usual?
6. Could you suggest a few schools as safe choices ?
Thanks in advance for reviewing my profile and providing much needed guidance.
1. NYU Stern, Columbia, Stanford.
2. As you obviously realize, the GMAT is great, but it's not everything. Yes, you have a chance, but I don't see the leadership and exceptional achievement that those schools usually require.
4. NYU Stern, Columbia, Chicago, Yale, Duke, Cornell.
5. Yes. Before applying, contact each school and see if they will consider you since you already have an MBA. Realize that if they will consider you, you will need to address the question of why you need another MBA. What do you want to do that you will learn how to do now and didn't learn how to do before?
6. Rochester, Georgetown, UT
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog