1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Marketing/Sales Manger for a small luxury goods business. 3 and a half years at the position.
2) Your GMAT.
650 41/39. Can easily improve quant, but not sure if needed for target programs.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Undergraduate: Kansas State University BA Social Sciences- 2.61 (goofed off last two years)
Graduate: Arizona State University MA Liberal Studies- 4.00 (Done to show how capable of a student I am)
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Having trouble debating between local part time programs USC.PM, Pepperdine FEMBA, & UCI or a higher ranked online program such as ASU, Kelley, or MBA@UNC...thoughts?
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R3/R4 for Part-Time & Online Programs
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Look for pure marketing position (away from sales). Would love to teach part time at local community colleges.
I'm really sorry, but I don't have an opinion on this one. If you are going to try the PT programs, I think it would be more worthwhile if you want to stay in SoCal.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog