Would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile. Thanks!
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
2 years in management consulting (MBB) at a large office. Sponsored for MBA. Also received an offer at a middle-market PE firm and considering working there for a year or two before applying to MBA (will that help?)
2) Your GMAT.
710 (43 Q/ 44 V/ 5.5 AWA/ 6 IR)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation.
Top undergrad (HYPS) class of 2011, 3.9 GPA, Liberal Arts major (with some basic coursework in calc, statistics, and econ). Graduated phi beta kappa.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Started a small business in college and worked on it for 2 years.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Kellog, Booth, Columbia
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 2013-2013 (or possibly later depending on if I take PE job, but most likely will not)
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Return to my consulting firm for a few more years or work in an investment role that is more operationally focused.
Would you consider retaking the GMAT?
That quant score causes me some concern about your chances at your target programs. yes. I saw your GPA and your work experience.
Do you have more recent community service or non-professional commitments?
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog