27 Vietnamese male
1) Currently 2.5 years as a staff accountant at a notable national law firm (top 10). I'm responsible for the financial reporting as well as various account analysis, budgets, and forecasts. I'm also very good technically and have completely built from the ground up the entire office reporting structure as well as other reporting procedures. Previous 1.5 years as a tax associate at a national public accounting firm handling tax preparation for a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, LLC's, and individuals
2) 700 (48Q 39V)
3) Masters of Accounting - North Carolina State University (GPA - 3.44) - 2009
Bachelors of Accounting - North Carolina State University (GPA - 3.59) - 2008
4) I volunteer regularly at the largest no kill animal shelter in the midwest. I also volunteer regularly at a local soup kitchen as a cook and server and finally as a big brother for a local under privileged children children.
5) I am a CPA
6) Target programs are Northwestern (one long shot), Duke (my top), Virginia, UVA, UCLA, Michigan, UNC. I do have a very high ranking professor family friend who will write me a letter to the Duke business school on my behalf if that helps at all.
7) Target rounds are all for 2013:
Northwestern - R1
Duke - EA
Virginia - R1
UNC - EA
UVA - R2
UCLA - R2
Michigan - R1/R2
8) Post MBA goal is to utilize my accounting experience to transition to a corporate finance position in the tech industry (Amazon, Samsung, Linkedin, etc.)
Northwestern is a big stretch. You have a competitive profile for the other schools on your list with Ross, UCLA, and Duke being less likely acceptances. UNC is probably the most likely acceptance and a good option.
Please let me know if you would like help with your application.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog