I'm seeking a profile evaluation to identify weaknesses in my overall profile and evaluate chances at the top schools. I understand that I need a more compelling story, and I would like guidance there.
Ethnicity: East Asian
1) Experience: Three years at North American management consulting firm just a notch below M/B/B. Twice promoted and currently in a "post-MBA" position with the firm. Fair amount of international experience.
2) Your GMAT: 770 Q51 V42 AWA 6 IR 8
3) College info: H/Y/P, 3.6 in Economics
4) Extracurriculars: College clubs and activities average. Involved with a number of work committees and lead several internal projects (in addition to case work). Took an externship from of half year in Africa volunteering at a high-profile NGO focusing on development.
5) Important certifications: None
6) Stanford, Wharton, Harvard, Northwestern
7) R2 2013-14
8) Not fully defined and in the market to help frame the message, but perhaps PE/VC focusing on developing markets or roles in international development. Would like to move away from traditional corporate consulting and work more internationally and thus the career change via MBA.
You have a competitive profile for your target schools, but you really need to hone your goal. You may also want to consider Columbia, Booth, and LBS.
If you would like help with your MBA application,
please let me know.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog