Please evaluate my profile and provide me guidance on which B-schools should I select.
My MBA interest: FT, General Management or finance
GMAT (on July 30, 2011) - 770 (Q50, V44, AWA 6.0)
Have been selected for the first batch of Indian School of Business(ISB) Young Leaders Programme, class of 2015.
Total Work Experience at the time of matriculation: FT 2 years PT 2.5 years
I am currently working in a boutique family firm which specialises in the fields of Family Business Advisory, Entrepreneurial Venture Advisory and MIS systems. We also are involved in real estate deals and the lightweight brick manufacturing business.
Also, I am a core team member of an NGO Rural Health Care Foundation. Our mission is to eradicate the lack of health care facilities in rural India through the deliverance of affordable quality health care by opening primary health care units in those remote villages where health care delivery system of the state is sparse. As recognition of my social service work, I was awarded the National Youth Award, 2012 by the Government of India. My organisation has won several awards like AmeriCares India Certificate of Merit, Mahindra Spark The Rise Award, Social Enterprise Of The Year Award, etc. The United Nations has selected the success story of one of our founders for a publication of UN Volunteers. We were also invited by Mckinsey and Duke Medicine as a speaker to the International Partnership for Innovative Healthcare Delivery.
After graduating from college, I worked in Citrix Systems as a Software Developer for 3.5 months.
I worked part-time alongside college for 2.5 years in a software company. I started as an intern and then eventually moved on to taking commercial projects for the company on contract basis. I helped them start the mobile software department, hiring and training people. I also was the team leader for the department and was heavily involved in dealing with the clients.
Sex – Male
Age – 24 yrs
Nationality - Indian
B. E. (IT) from Jadavpur Univ, passing out in 2012.
GPA 8.52 out of 10
1. Am currently learning Mandarin. I scored 200/200 in the HSK Level 1 Chinese Proficiency Test
2. Photographs captured by me were published in a national magazine Campus Diaries
3. I am an active Toastmaster
4. Nominated for the National Youth Award, 2012 for social service by the Government of India for my work for an NGO working for rural healthcare
5. Selected by the Government of India as a delegate to China for the India China Youth Exchange Program, 2011
6. Came 3rd in inter-school debate in 10th standard in Mumbai City District level debate competition
7. Came 2nd in under-15 throwball competition in Mumbai District
8. Best all-rounder in school in 10th standard
9. Held the post of monitor all through school life. Was prefect and assistant prefect of my house as well.
Aim: I want to join a venture capital working in the area of technology. After working there for 4-5 years I want to start up my own technology firm which would provide free or subsidised services to NGOs. I want to use technology to make quality education more accessible to the underprivileged.
I would like to know:
1. How my profile looks for an MBA from the top B-schools like Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, LBS, Columbia, MIT, Kellogg, etc?
2. What, in your opinion, are my strengths and weakness reflected in my profile?
3. Please mention what should I do to make my case stronger for final call.
4. Which schools do I most stand a chance of getting admitted to if I apply for the class entering 2014?
My debrief - http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q50-v44-on-my-first-attempt-debrief-118007.html