Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 06:39
Hi,
I would appreciate a profile evaluation.

Here's a brief overview of my profile:
-Indian Male.
GMAT - 660(q44 v37).
-B.E Mechanical Engineering (78%) non-IIT.
-Work Experience of 2.5 years as a production engineer with an international Automobile OEM.
-Responsible for a separate Production line, handling and training 40 production employees with 3 supervisors.
-Sent for an overseas training based on my work performance at the R&D Headquarters (only 1 to be selected from my department from the total of 7 representing the company).
- Took initiative to lead a group, organize and conduct on behalf of my department an inter-department Kaizen event which acts a feeder event to the main event conducted by CII (confederation of Indian Industries) among many companies.
- Involved in numerous cost saving and production efficiency activities both as a team and individually.
-Promotions - 1.

Extracurricular Activities:
-NSS (national service scheme) member while at school activities included organizing schools events, blood donation camps, participating in safety campaigns and
-NSS camp leader : 10 day camp at a village conducting sports and cultural entertainment activities for underprivileged children.
-Lead a team of two to participate in a NASA online paper presentation competition.
-Won a national level paper presentation competition.
-Member of Aero club at college - conducted many information sharing sessions for juniors.
- Member and Publicity officer of the SAE club at college.
-Won many quiz competitions at school level and also inter-department quiz at office.
-Twice represented the company at a b-quiz.
-Attended session on Entrepreneurship development while at college.
-Was part of the office CSR activities which did volunteer work in areas in and around the office.
- Volunteer at the annual beach clean-up activity.

I am interested in a career post mba in operations/logistics/general management.

Schools Interested :
Ross (Dual degree mba+ms manufacturing)
Kelley
Tepper
Isb
Broad
Purdue Univ
Fisher
Penn state
University of Maryland.

The reason I am considering an mba is to accelerate my career and with the managerial aspects of my work I think I have had the right exposure to the skills needed to pursue a mba. I expect very good reccos from my office.

I would like to know, how competitive is my profile for the above mentioned colleges?
I would also like to know if my low work exp would impact my application?
And any other weaknesses in my profile that I should improve upon.
Should I retake the GMAT?

Regards
Prasadh
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes