I gave my GMAT on 03.09.2013 and came out disappointed with a score of 630 (48 Q; 28 V).
I know its not a good idea to apply in TOP schools with this GMAT score. Please recommend me any 2nd RANK good B-Schools.
To give an idea about my profile-
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics)
Work ex: 3yrs (till now)
Designation: Operations Analyst
Company: Top US based e-commerce company (NASDAQ listed)
Past Work Ex.:-
Worked for a reputed IT company for 2.5years as Systems Engineer for a UK based Insurance client. Was sent on-site- London, for 6months. Got appreciation for my work from the client.
• A passionate photographer, associated with a group that is promoting live music in India. Work has been featured in few websites.
• Work for an NGO that educates street children.
• Have won prizes in college for Sudoku and dance competitions.
Kindly answer my below queries:
1. Are there any schools I can still apply to and hope for acceptance (along with RA/TA/Fellowship)?
2. My first thought after getting the score - retake somewhere Oct end and apply for R2. Is it still possible of getting RA/TA/Fellowship then?
3. Want to move into Risk Management, will my work for the Insurance client earn me extra points? How are the job opportunities in Risk mgmt?
Second option will be Consulting.