1) WE: 4+yrs. - I started as a staff accountant at West Virginia University in 2009 and received a series of promotions which lead to my current position as a manger of the office. My office (myself, 5 accountants, and 1 graduate assistant) posts over $1 billion in annual revenue for the university and issues over $30 million in student refunds every semester. I am also responsible for the university's funds handling program, which focuses on compliance with state code and increasing internal controls. I also complete financial reports for the various federally funded financial aid programs at WVU.
2) GMAT: 630
3) Undergraduate School:
Bethany College(WV) graduated in spring 2009
Major: Accounting and Minor: Management
I played football all 4 years.
Graduate School: West Virginia University
Major: Masters in Professional Accountancy (MPA)
Graduated in Spring 2013
I worked full time while completing this degree.
4) Extra-curricular: President of the McCann Family Investment Fund at Bethany College (student run investment fund), Team Lead for a business plan competition where my team was a semi-finalist, treasurer of the Big Brother Big Sisters club at Bethany College, Treasurer of the Mon Valley Homeless Initiative (MVHI) at WVU.
5) I am currently studying for the CPA and plan to complete the final test by July 2014
6) Georgetown McDonough is my top choice
7) I would like to apply R2 2013-14
8) Career Goals: Consulting, possibly in Higher Ed. I would ultimately like to retire to a part time position at Bethany College where I would teach courses and help the college improve financially.
Do you feel that Georgetown is a realistic option given my profile?
Thank you for your time.
Are you planning to retake the GMAT?
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog