Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: CEIBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.74
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 07:36
Good day,

I would be really grateful f you cold evaluate my profile/

23 years old, Russian, male

Total full time work experience: 3 years. Started as a courier in a Forbes top-500 company, and was promoted thrice. Previous responsibilities included budgeting, budget execution controlling; I also carried out several tenders. My current responsibilities are in the sphere of corporate reporting for health and safety unit - data analysis, participation in implementation of corporate programs in terms of occupational safety, conducted compliance audits at subsidiary companies. AS for the highlights - developed (with help if IT department) and implemented corporate-based reporting system, significantly improved functionality of the intranet heal and safety website (number of visitors increased by 60 percent).

GMAT 640 (Q 40 V 37)

In 2009 graduated Moscow state college (specialty Tax and taxation), GPA 3.75
In 2012 graduated Moscow University (non-state), major: Finance and Credit, GPA 3.75

As for the extra-curricular: head of the philosophy book club, member of a local civilian patrol for safety.

I am targeting Asian universities (MBA or Double MBA), primarily Chinese. However, if there are any top ranked schools in the USA I might apply to, I would consider them. I plan to apply to CEIBS, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University, maybe NUS.

R1 2013, R2 2014

Post graduate goal - strategic management (preferably in Asian region)

Thank you in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 16:56
Expert's post
Your GMAT score is not high enough to be competitive at the top US schools, even considering the diversity you offer by being Russian. Having said that, your leadership at work and the fact you worked for a marquee company will help. If you can get your GMAT up to within the higher 80% range of top schools you should have a shot.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews