Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:32

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 19:27
Could you please evaluate my profile.

Basics
-3.0 cumulative GPA from University of Wisconsin - Madison, Electrical Engineering
-31 years old, Male, India (Permanent Resident)
-GMAT 720 (prediction)

Work Experience
8 years of IT work experience, all in major brand companies. Working as a Development Lead at Fortune 500 company. Led custom development efforts and, designed global footprint for $6B chemical company as part of a $50M global IT roll-out project for 6000+ users worldwide.

International/Cultural Exposure
Worked in Brussels, Belgium for a year and a half
Worked in France
Born in India, raised in Dubai, living in midwest for the past 15 years

Community Service
Organized a hunger campaign. Member of foodbank and education related org for the past 5 years.

Extra-curriculars
committed to fostering and promoting the game of cricket in the states. Initiated a youth development program in local high schools, scouted for talent, and coached new players. built a 25 player roster.

Post MBA Goal
Product Development and Management for a Tech company

I am looking for a strong general management program.

Target schools
Tuck
Fuqua
Cornell
Kellogg
Ross
UCLA
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2014, 18:13
Expert's post
I actually think you will have an easy time getting attention from your target schools due to your vast international experience including work in the US, your number of years in the workplace, and your leadership. Having a good GMAT is a necessity in your applicant pool, since despite your living abroad, you will still be put into the Indian applicant pool for evaluation purposes, which is a deep pool as you know. I think you show a decent amount of community and extra curricular involvement as well which is important at your target schools. Let us know if we can be helpful as you prepare applications.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews