Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
1) Military Officer, Army, Captain (O-3). Currently serve as commander of a company-level unit (76 personnel), $100M equipment. Deal with everything from Soldier welfare and family issues to supply-chain management, budget, training plan, etc. Have served as Executive Officer and Platoon Leader (28 personnel). 1 combat deployment to the middle east. 28 years old.
2) 780 - Q: 50 V: 48 IR: 8 AWA: 6
3) Graduate, USMA West Point, c/o 2008. Major Systems Engineering. GPA 2.93. I was simply not mature with my studies. No excuse. I was focused on becoming the best leader and officer and knew my intelligence would carry me without as much concerted effort. I was short-sighted -- focused on graduating and leading Soldiers, not pampering my transcript. It was a huge mistake and I now regret it considering I am considering B-School.
4) Leadership experience is largely professionally-sourced. I have many specific instances I can cite from the mundane to combat-related.
8) I would like to enter finance or private-equity.
I realize my big handicap is the low-GPA and that the schools listed can have their pick of high-performing applicants. Just thought I'd ask the question. I am considering taking Harvard or UCLA extension classes as a further show of quant ability but unsure if that will help.
Thank you for your post. You have a very strong candidacy. In regards to your low undergraduate GPA, we have a case study here in how a candidate with a sub 3.0 GPA addressed this and was accepted into a top MBA program: http://www.stacyblackman.com/client-stories/
We also have free school overview for the programs you are considering here:
[rss2posts title=The MBA Manual title_url=https://mbamanual.com/2016/11/22/mba-vs-mim-guest-post/ sub_title=MBA vs. MiM :3qa61fk6]Hey, guys! We have a great guest post by Abhyank Srinet of MiM-Essay . In a quick post and an...
[rss2posts title=The MBA Manual title_url=https://mbamanual.com/2016/11/21/mba-vs-mim-guest-post/ sub_title=MBA vs. MiM :2kn54ay1]Hey, guys! We have a great guest post by Abhyank Srinet of MiM-Essay . In a quick post and an...