Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2014, 13:32
1) Work Experience: Total 2 years - depending on the year I decide I want to start attendance (2015 or 2016) I will either have 3 or 4 total years. Summer Internship at Fortune 50 company, employed post-graduation with a fortune 300 major oil and gas company. Have been working for a year and 10 months, just recently received a promotion. All of my work experience is in Supply Chain Management (Operations, Procurement, Manufacturing, Six Sigma)

2) GMAT: Planning to take GMAT in June, aiming for 720+

3) College info: University of Houston, Bauer College of Business, 2.93 GPA on school transcript (2 D's, few C's, 1 F senior year), 3.1 Overall GPA (Transferred from another university after my freshmen year), 3.25 upper level business GPA, 3.4 Major GPA, Major: Supply Chain Management, Graduated Dec. 2011 - *Note I started out as a Pre-Med Bio major and switched to business my sophomore year so I did pretty bad in a few science coursers.

4) Leadership/Extracurricular: Member and active participant with the Multiple Sclerosis Society, biked 300+ miles in 4 days and raised over $2000 (2 years in a row), also currently an active volunteer with the 7th largest medical non profit in the world, also working to be on the United Way committee within my company

5) Certifications: Six Sigma Black Belt Certification

6) Your target programs: Columbia (!!!), Berkley, Cornell, Michigan, NYU, UCLA, UNC, Texas

7) When you plan to apply? R1 2014 OR R1 2015 (still debating, please give recommendations!)

8) Post-MBA: Looking for opportunities in finance, marketing, entrepreneurship

Rec letters: Vice President of the division of my company (fortune 300 oil and gas), COO of the nonprofit I volunteer with (7th largest medical non profit in the world), and my direct manager

Please evaluate me! I appreciate any feedback or criticism!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 11:50
Expert's post
Hello,

For the competitive programs you want to target, I think the GPA could be an issue. I suggest taking a relevant course or two and earning an A, to demonstrate academic capability as well as self-awareness of a weakness and commitment to the MBA process.

Another area of possible concern is the goals. You mention three vastly different areas. Your goals need to be specific, defined, with a clear rationale and plan. I suggest reviewing my goals special report for some guidance on how to develop and articulate credible and compelling MBA goals.

With these two caveats, I think probably it would be best to wait an additional year, deal with these issues, and also try to get the GMAT as high as possible and continue your strong leadership and impact at work. Those steps would make you a viable applicant at the programs you mention – some would be reasonable reaches, some would likely be on-pars.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog