Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Would really appreciate if you could help evaluate my profile. I am a 25 year old Indian male, who has lived (studied and worked) in Singapore for about 13 years now -
1) WE - I work for Standard Chartered Bank, Securities Services (Treasury) as a Business Analyst/Project Manager. Mainly involves driving projects that help improve business process efficiency for operational/regulatory users in the Trade Settlement arena. I plan to matriculate in 2015 so I would have 5 years of WE by then (and hopefully 2 promotions) I also have a 6 month internship at Apple - worked with the Sales forecasting team in Singapore.
2) GMAT - 710 (Q47, V40), IR - 6, AWA - 6.
3) College - Nanyang Technological University, Electrical & Electronics Engineering major with a minor in Business GPA was 3.7/5, most prevalent reason being I represent Singapore nationally for cricket and we have a hectic training/travelling schedules so it was hard to manage initially. There is a slight upword trend in GPA, especially in final year.
4) ECA and other activities - i) Captain of University Cricket team ii) Honorary General Secretary for IEEE club iii) Student Leader chosen for Conferences iv) Model United Nations rep v) Represent Singapore for cricket still in world tournaments. vi) I have also created an iphone app that is in the market (value added app - I can tell you more if need be) vii) I have invested in a business (restaurant/bar) and manage it alongside my job. This business was not profitable when I took over, but is now generating a profit (managed finances/staff/promotions/marketing for this business with my partner)
5) Target programs - I'm looking at strategy focused MBA so - Tuck, Sloan, NYU, CBS, Booth (these are all reaches I would think)
7) Applying R1 in 2014.
8) Short term goal - transition to strategy consulting at a top consulting firm. Long term goal - Use experience in consulting to start my own firm. I am interested in creating value added solutions using technology for day to day problems, and would like to start my own firm to this effect.
I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how reasonable my goals are and of course which schools may suit me better given my profile and goals.
Thanks for helping us out with this, it really makes a difference.
Last edited by ROTI on 16 Apr 2014, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
I agree with your assessment of your chances at the programs you mention – I’d consider all those schools to be reasonable reaches, based on the info you provided. Also, they would all be good programs vis-à-vis your goals – although they are very different, each would bring its own relevant special strengths and assets.
Some other programs to consider, which might be slightly less competitive but still very appealing in terms of program content plus brand, would be UCLA Anderson and UVA Darden.
Needless to say, developing a stellar application that differentiates and distinguishes you while optimizing your strengths will be key to successful applications.
Thanks Cindy. I have been looking at Anderson/Darden as well, they're definitely part of my list.
Would you consider Kellogg a reasonable reach? I know it has a good feed into the consulting bracket upon graduation, but its also known to be big on marketing, so I'm not sure how that affects my chances.