Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2014, 07:33
I would appreciate an honest feedback on my chances for a top MBA - focus is Kellogg (1y), Columbia (Jterm), - from the US. I target programs starting 2015, taking GMAT in Oct-14.

Age 31, Male, Pakistani, wdegree in Economics and Finance from Pakistan, CFA Charter holder, currently working in Singapore in investment management

Professional background: 8 yrs experience
Currently working - since 2011- in asset & wealth management arm of a European Bank in Singapore as an investment Advisor - cross asset class - for South Asian & Middle eastern HNW and Institutional clients. In this role, I am responsible for clients' asset allocation, capital market ideas and revenue generation for the team. I joined the bank as an associate - a step down from my previous corporate title because i didn't have regional markets exposure - but was promoted this year to AVP with rating in top 15% with a net 20% salary raise.

Prior to my move to Singapore, I worked as both sell-side and buy-side research analyst in Pakistan for 5 years. started my career as an equity associate for a local asset management firm, where i was later promoted to analyst position. Later, I moved to a sell-side broking firm (A JV between local partner & Merrill Lynch Asia pac) and worked as a research analyst covering Pakistan banks for Merrill Lynch Asia Pac research team. During this time, i got promoted to AVP, became a ranked analyst in Asia Money analysts survey and was awarded best research analyst award for 2009-10 by CFA association of Pakistan.

Education Background:
MSC Economics & Finance GPA 3.15
CFA Charter holder (cleared all levels in 1st attempt)

GPA is a bit of a let down - I know I cant change that - but given my post college progression and if ace the GMAT, can I compensate it?

Co-curricular activities:
College tennis team member
Participate in USPTA tennis work shops
Ran an event management firm in Pakistan
Played drum for an undergroud band

Post MBA goals
Immediate: Career advancement: to seek a role a global asset management/global markets firm with a focus on Emerging and frontier markets.
Long-term: To set up a diversified financial services firm - broking and asset management - in Pakistan

looking forward to your response
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes