Joined: 17 Aug 2013
, given: 5
Profile Evaluation: 23 yo Male Engineer, 3 year Exp 700 [#permalink]
21 Sep 2013, 01:43
Profile Evaluation: 23 year old Male Engineer, with 3 years experience in non-Engineering roles
1) Work Exp: Business development, client relations and pre-sales at an IT company for 2+ years (time of 2014 batch). Responsible for onboarding clients and partners in North America. Interaction with CXOs, Managers and Directors from companies in North America on a daily basis. Individually responsible for yearly revenue of $200,000.
Research Analyst at procurement Intelligence firm (1year). Worked with clients across Europe and North America. Individually responsible (on the delivery team) for pilot projects with Rhodia and PepsiCo(Tropicana) and worked with sales team to bring them onboard. Received best analyst for Q3 2011. Promoted to Senior Research Analyst within a year.
2) GMAT 700 Q50 V35 One attempt.
3) College info: Anna University, Chennai, India – Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communications, May 2011
GPA – 78%, Distinction
4)Significant Extra-curricular: President of the College Entrepreneurship club
Founding/Conceptualizing member of “The First Dot” – India’s only student startup showcase.
Run regular 10Ks, have been to big treks in the foothills - Himalayas and smaller treks regularly
5) Target Programs: Anderson, UCLA; NYU- Stern, Rotman-UToronto, Schulich – York, British Columbia – Sauder, INSEAD, ISB – India, also applying to Masters of Management courses at Stanford, Columbia and Duke.
6) Target Application: Fall 2014 admit. Round 1 applications Oct 2013-14 .
7) Post MBA Goal: Work in Management Consulting. Targeting the Big 3.
1) Are my school selections in line with my profile? Should I be aiming for higher or lower ranked schools than I am currently looking at?
2) Am I missing out on any great schools in the USA or Canada that I have a good chance to crack in to.
3) Are there any particular tips, specific to the colleges I am applying for, that you can help me with