I would like to get feedback on my profile
- Male, 26 and French
- Work experience (3 years within a mid-size consultancy group - 1100 consultants) : project management consultant for a R&T project in Airbus (2 years), then promoted within my consultancy group as the branch manager and business development manager of our UK office, comprising 10 consultants (1 year). I should get 2 really good recommendation letters from that side.
- GMAT 680 Q50 V31 taken 2 days ago (that's where I am really annoyed as the verbal I got is my lowest score ever compared to my practice tests...)
- College: Graduates from INSA Toulouse, one of the TOP 3 engineering school (5 years) in France post high schools. Studied 1 year in Mexico with average grades at 95% while in France i'll have to make the GPA calculation but it should be around 3.
- Key Extra-curricular activities:
Entertaining kids in hospital with cancer (as I had one myself when I was a teenager and was out of school for a year...)
Currently training to become a helicopter pilot, Karate (Brown belt) and football since kid - that got stopped for a big time due to my cancer but back on it now
Fluent in Spanish, French, English and advanced in Portuguese
- MBA goal: after working 4 years (by the time of the MBA start date) in the aerospace sector, I want to broaden my horizon and discover new industries. I want also to get into a management position where my multilingual skills would be extremely used.
- Targeted Program: Ideally I would like to go for an MBA in the US but I don't know how high in the ranking I could go for... I had Kellogg or UCLA in mind at least.
My main questions are:
Should I retake the GMAT as I'm sure I could get closer to 720 ?
What US school can I target with my current score and what school could I target with a 720 (if that changes anything to my profile)?
Should I mention the "cancer thing" in my application as it is very personal but on the other hand it shows that I am a fighter?
Many thanks in advance,