Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 19:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - 3.16 GPA & Projected 690-720 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Psi Omega
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GRE 1: 1310 Q630 V680
GPA: 3.16
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 14

Profile Evaluation - 3.16 GPA & Projected 690-720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 06:19
1) Demographic Information:
24, M, US - Caucasian
Speak English & French

2) Educational Information:
History and French at a 4-Year Public University 3.16 GPA
Studied Abroad in France for the 2007-2008 school year.
I take the GMAT December 13th, 2010. My highest prep scores so far are a 43V/42Q, or 700, so I'm hoping to get around that level. (690-720).

3) Work Experience:
-Various entrepreneurial activities, with varying degrees of success :P (Ebay Business, Garage Sale Business, Affiliate Marketing, Vending Machines, among others.)
-Over 1 Year of management experience at a 4-rooftop car dealership.
-Two promotions within 9 months.
-In charge of the internet sales department, at the moment. Previously, helped manage fixed operations in service departments.
-By the time I apply (most likely Fall 2011) I will have 2+ years of similar WE on the books.

4) Extracurriculars
-Helping to raise/take care of my cousin my uncle and his girlfriend didn't want. (My Dad ended up with custody. He's 6 now.)
-Highly music-related. Volunteered to play at nursing homes. Also in jazz band, marching band, drum corps, etc.
-Heavily involved in theater since 2007. Both stage manager and actor (or both) in numerous different plays such as The Importance of Being Earnest, She Stoops to Conquer, and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged).
-Involved in stand-up comedy. Appeared on Comedy Central in 2009.

5) Short/Long Term Goals:
Short term - Consulting. (Helping people with their problems without worrying about feelings or psychoses? I'm there!)
Long term - to keep making people think and laugh. (Can't you tell I was a liberal arts undergrad?)

6) Schools

Stern (Stretch), Yale, Darden, Tepper, McCombs, Olin, or Fisher. If it all came down to it, then I guess I would consider Owen at Vanderbilt in a pinch, primarily due to it being in my home state.

Did I help you? Please give me kudos.

Each moment of time ought to be put to proper use, either in business, in improving the mind, in the innocent and necessary relaxations and entertainments of life, or in the care of the moral and religious part of our nature.

-William Andrus Alcott

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - 3.16 GPA & Projected 690-720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 01:21
Since you're planning to apply Fall 2011, let's wait to see what your GMAT scores are before targeting schools. You've got a golden opportunity to develop more leadership experience between now and when you apply.

Robbie Walker
Accepted.com
310-815-9553

Robbie Walker
Accepted.com
310-815-9553

Subscribe to our Blog
Join Us on Facebook
Follow Accepted on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Psi Omega
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GRE 1: 1310 Q630 V680
GPA: 3.16
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 14

Re: Profile Evaluation - 3.16 GPA & Projected 690-720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 06:01
Think it would be worth my while to leave the car dealership behind and try to find a more supposedly "relevant" position? I'm a manager and I lead men twice my age every day, but it seems that most people perceive car dealership management experience as weak.

Did I help you? Please give me kudos.

Each moment of time ought to be put to proper use, either in business, in improving the mind, in the innocent and necessary relaxations and entertainments of life, or in the care of the moral and religious part of our nature.

-William Andrus Alcott

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - 3.16 GPA & Projected 690-720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 21:22
That depends. If you can develop more leadership experience in your current position and demonstrate how it connects to what you want to do in consulting, then it could be fine. However, if you can move into a new position at another company, it would make sense to take advantage of the opportunity to grow your skills.

Robbie Walker
Accepted.com
310-815-9553

Robbie Walker
Accepted.com
310-815-9553

Subscribe to our Blog
Join Us on Facebook
Follow Accepted on Twitter