Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 03:04
Please evaluate my profile -

GMAT score of 720
10th : 91.4 %
12th : 92.6 %
B.Tech in Information Technology: 82 %

Work Experience : 9 years in IT service industry (in TCS and IBM)
Presently working as a Project Manager managing a team of 15 members located across India, China and US
International Experience: 3 years in US

Certification: PMP Certified

Work Location - Bangalore

Q1. Any chance for below schools? If not please suggest some schools where I can apply.
LSB, HBS, INSEAD, Sloan, NYU, Stanford

Q2. I am also looking for scholarships. What are the chances of getting it with my GMAT score?

Q3. I can retake GMAT, please suggest if a score of 750+ would help and to what extend?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 04:05
Hi,

You have robust profile, the strong areas in your profile are good GMAT, remarkable corporate exposure along with international exposure. As per your profile and GMAT score I would recommend you to target also Kellogg, Wharton, UCLA, Duke and Ross Business School. As the average GMAT Score for these B Schools fall in between 650-790 range, so don’t worry much about retaking the GMAT. Visit http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool to try your chances for top b-schools.

You are in perfect stage of career and around 5 - 7 years of average work experience is what most B Schools look for, the next step is to cleverly prepare for questions like rationale behind applying for a specific B school and focus more on application essays, recommendations and interview preparation.

Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Regards,
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 07:56
Hi Neha,

Thanks for reviewing my profile and proving encouragement. As you understand, doing an MBA from abroad is sometimes difficult for many us from financial point of view. For most of us, it requires years of financial planning. As GMAT score is valid for 3 years, in case I do MBA after a couple of years (with 11-12 years of experience), what are the colleges to opt for? I heard, some of the colleges discourage 11/12+ experiences just because that does not match up with the batch profile. Is it true? In that case what are the colleges to look for? Also, what are the chances of getting a scholarship for profile like me in top US/Europe B-Schools?

Thanks,
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 05:22
Hi,

I think you should apply later this year for early rounds to be considered for scholarship opportunities. If you are planning to defer applying due to financial constraints then also you should apply for full time MBA programs in future, having more than 10 years of work experience will be an add on to your profile and will also make you diverse. After gaining 10+ years of work experience you can also look for applying to senior executive programs like INSEAD ILPSIE, LBS Sloan Masters in Leadership and Startegy, ISB - PGPMAX, and other senior executive programs in Kellogg, Wharton, MIT and IMD. For further discussion I can also connect you to one of our top b-school alumni for further discussion. So PM your number for further queries. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Neha Singh

babusona wrote:
Hi Neha,

Thanks for reviewing my profile and proving encouragement. As you understand, doing an MBA from abroad is sometimes difficult for many us from financial point of view. For most of us, it requires years of financial planning. As GMAT score is valid for 3 years, in case I do MBA after a couple of years (with 11-12 years of experience), what are the colleges to opt for? I heard, some of the colleges discourage 11/12+ experiences just because that does not match up with the batch profile. Is it true? In that case what are the colleges to look for? Also, what are the chances of getting a scholarship for profile like me in top US/Europe B-Schools?

Thanks,

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Profile evaluation-31/Ind Male/IT 9+ Exp/GMAT 720   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2013, 05:22