Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation!! 31 years!! Indian IT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Profile Evaluation!! 31 years!! Indian IT [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 19:33
I really enjoy ur posts, fun to read and very useful Thanks in advance for the evaluation.

GMAT Score: 690 (Q49V35)

Education:
Born and brought up in New Delhi , India.
undergrad - B.tech in computer sciences from Kurukshetra University 4yrs - 69% - among top 25% in class
Certificate Program in Six Sigma

Work Experience:
Working at Top Indian IT company . I have about 8 yrs of experience out of which i have spent close to 5 years in US.
Job profile - Project management - 2 US fortune 500 companies etc.
I have served as Board member for US railroads for approx 1 year for a Project
Also I have worked extensively in multi cultural work env with people from different backgrounds and geographies.

Achievement and Volunteer work.
• Played Chess at National level. Won several tournaments in Chess
• Coach Chess to school kids and at my apartment Complex
• Active CRY (Child rights and you) member since 2007. CRY is Indian NGO working for underprivileged children.

LT/ST Goals:
My professional objective is to make a career in IT consulting as solution architect with firms like Amazon and Google. I believe my experience in technology, management and good international exposure shall help me to make such move.

Weakness:
Already over 30. I definitely want to do an MBA however i think this is the last year i have for that.
Not so good GMAT
Indian IT male

Target Schools:
I want to be very practical while i apply to US/Canada MBA Schools. Please could you suggest a few safe and few target schools for me?

Best Regards
Ami
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation!! 31 years!! Indian IT [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2013, 09:39
Expert's post
Ami-

I would actually recommend you apply to an EMBA program, which look for seasoned professionals with 8+ years experience. The reason is you will be challenged to be competitive at a top 10 school on the FT programs, but you might have a decent shot at these same schools via their EMBA programs. In the end, you get an MBA that is indistinguishable on your resume from a FT MBA.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews