Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 19:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation (4 yrs of experience, no GMAT but GRE)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation (4 yrs of experience, no GMAT but GRE) [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 02:43
Hello Team,

I am totally lost in the forums and not sure if I am posting at the right place for profile evaluation. I am only planning to apply to INSEAD for now.

Profile:

4 years of experience: 3 years with McKinsey in India as Analyst, 1 yr in business development with Halliburton Energy Services (oil and gas) in UK.

Currently based in UK.

GRE score: 1420/1600 ( Long back I had thought I ll go for MS and had given GRE, the score is still valid).
Nationality : Indian
Education: Computer Science Engineering from one of the top 15 colleges in India but not an IIT.

I am not inclined to go back to consulting and would like to move to a senior BD role in Oil&Gas industry. Quite confused if I should go ahead for January 2014 intake or for July 2014.

Is the GRE score good enough? I know its good for US universities for MS but not sure about its acceptance in MBA courses. Atleast 6 people from my team in McKinsey have already got into INSEAD in last 2 yrs but they went with more experience.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 499 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation (4 yrs of experience, no GMAT but GRE) [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 04:02
Expert's post
Hey there and thanks for dropping a line!

So first of all, I cant tell you exactly if your GRE is good enough without knowing the breakdown, but what is its official equivalent? Something like 690 in the GMAT I guess??

I think that coming from McKinsey you can get into INSEAD with that score, esp. if you have a return job offer. What I would probably do in your place (and of course this is open to debate because I don't yet know enough about your professional or personal circumstances), is apply to INSEAD January. Because anyhow coming from McKinsey and so on, you will have a shot. And if it doesn't work out, then I would think about taking the GMAT and doing a full-on 6+ school application some September.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!