Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 30

Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 02:46
This post received
KUDOS
Hi ,
GMAT score :570
Experiance : 2 years in software industry
Education: B.Tech with 6.59/10 CGPA

Kindly let me know some good colleges in US i can apply for
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 08:17
Expert's post
Hey strider3,

Thanks for reaching out to the forum. This is not enough information to provide you any insight. There is a simple reason why I cannot tell you what school is right for you. "Why?" Because I have no idea what you want to be when you grow up. Do you want to be a fireman or do you want to be a policeman? Do want to be strategy consultant within technology? Do you want to move into business development?

My point is that you have a fairly good understanding of your background, but I certainly know nothing about your goals (or your background for that matter). An MBA is not necessarily a one-size-fits-all degree. Applicants have to pick and choose the school that is right for them. I would tell you that a particular program as a conduit or bridge to your short and long-term goals. Some bridges will be better than others. Other bridges may be appropriate, but may not be the path you want to take or they may not accept you. Finally, there are bridges that have trolls living underneath them. Those bridges are scary and they're usually non-accredited.

This is what I can tell you – go look at the career center reports for each school. Look to see what are the feeder industries that's cool – both into and out of the program. Also consider where it is that you want to live after graduation. There may be some so-so schools that are located in great areas for your desired industry. That should help you decide what school is best for you.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

strider3 wrote:
Hi ,

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 21:53
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for replying back, After an MBA i want to return back to india and run my mom's medicine manufacturing company. For that i need any good college where i can get some international exposture , managing and marketing skills.
Kindly guide me regarding the schools which i can opt for

Thanks,
Dinesh
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 516 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 05:05
Expert's post
With a 570 the schools you are likely to get into probably won't be worth the investment. You're young. Retake the GMAT, get a 650+ and THEN figure out where you want to apply.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 07:24
Hi Strider,

With 570 GMAT and 2 years of work experience you can apply to Thunderbird, Carlson, University of Cincinnati, Univ of Oklahoma, Bentley University. You can also PM your contact details for discussion on your profile.

Regards,
Neha Singh
http://www.general-ed.com

strider3 wrote:
Hi ,

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 21:40
Thankyou neha for reply, are there any mba programs i could apply for in spring 2014 intake ?
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 516 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2013, 22:18
Expert's post
strider3 wrote:
Thankyou neha for reply, are there any mba programs i could apply for in spring 2014 intake ?

Before you apply, take a close look at the schools' employment reports and whether or not they can help you reach the career goals you want.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 03:01
Expert's post
Hey Dinesh,

Step it up, man. I really think you need to do a bit more research into the requirements of what you want to do before diving into "which MBA?"
It sounds like you don't have a really good grasp on the skills you are going to need to "run your mom's manufacturing company." I used to be production super in a manufacturing environ and it's really about ops, supply chain before marketing and international exposure. Put another way - you can market and take your product international, but if you can't figure out how to do that efficiently (supply chain) or make a good product (operations), you can only fool the consumer once.

Figure out the requirements of the J O B by spending a few weeks getting some OTJ training, then find schools that specialize in building those schools. If you don't do more HW (for your own good) you are going to get your arse in a sling once you get into a program and then realize it's not doing anything for you.

But alas, if you want a list topmba dot com seems to have a lot of them, and here is one for intl. management - http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/glob ... management. Lists can only tell you so much Dinesh - let's get real - you have to go and figure out what individual initiatives (eg. field studies, international programs, orgs/clubs) really address what you need to learn.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

strider3 wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for replying back, After an MBA i want to return back to india and run my mom's medicine manufacturing company. For that i need any good college where i can get some international exposture , managing and marketing skills.
Kindly guide me regarding the schools which i can opt for

Thanks,
Dinesh

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Re: Profile Evaluation 570 GMAT   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2013, 03:01