Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation : 650/6 yrs/Indian/IT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellog,UCLA,Ross,Emory,Broad
WE 1: Software Banking Product Development
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation : 650/6 yrs/Indian/IT [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2009, 02:39
Hi All,

Request you guys to help in evaluating my profile. I am targeting FALL 2010. Details below:

GMAT : 650 , gave it 4 yrs back. Didnt pursue MBA then. Have registered to give GMAT again in November. Hoping to get to 700 this time.

Bachelors : Bachelor of Engineering (Computers) , Mumbai University , GPA dont know, but fall in the 2nd tier of students. So may be a weak point.
Work Experience : 6 + yrs (almost 7 years by the time i start my MBA). 4.5 yrs with the current company. Currently based outside india, and responsible for grooming, leading a team for my company back in india, with an objective to have a dedicated development centre outside india. Domain Expertise in Retail Banking. Apart from leadership activities, responsible for Design, Development , Implementation and Support of various modules of the product.

Extracurricular & Community Service : is a negative point. have not done much except donating some money to certain organizations, volunteered to participate in a event to donate books to the needy , handling of cultural events in my local office.

Future Career Goal : Get into IT Strategy and Consultancy, where i can leverage my domain and technical expertise combined with the skills i gain during the MBA. Guide/Advise companies where Financial Institutions or Banks regarding thier overall IT strategy.

Expectations from my MBA : Should be flexible , general management , hone my analytical , communication skills to become a good consultant.
Dont want to apply to top 10. Not a good fit for me.
Darden / Tepper / McCombs / Cornell / Duke seem more like a good fit for me.

Request you to please evaluate and suggest.

Warden Samuel Norton: I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Rocky to his son :
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation : 650/6 yrs/Indian/IT [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 08:08
Hi neeravks,

i stumbled upon this thread of yours while browsing the forum and realized that your profile is very similar to mine.

this thread seems to be long dead, but i just wanted to check if you enrolled yourself into an MBA course. this would be helpful to me.

thanks
Re: Profile Evaluation : 650/6 yrs/Indian/IT   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2011, 08:08