I'm a little disappointed. I scored 660 on my GMAT this morning (my practice tests had me somewhere between 670-700). 84th percentile overall, 41Q, 40V for 63rd and 89th percentiles respectively.
I'm applying to Kellogg and Chicago part time, both of which have average GMATs around 690 for PT. My strong preference is Kellogg, so if you're sizing up my chances for just one, please pick that one.
Other profile points:
- 3.33 undergraduate GPA from a arts-oriented school. Started off as an art major, switched and graduated without a major because of change in career focus, but I got A's in two semesters of accounting, a finance course, a small business case study course, and a MarCom class.
- 3.7 graduate GPA (professional-oriented M.S. in Computer Science from University of Chicago).
- 8 years work experience in IT at smaller companies (about 3.5 in IT leadership).
- Good essays (I'm told by a colleague who got into Kellogg). Positioning myself as a future CIO, and I did explain the transition from art to CS.
- Good recs, one from former Fortune 500 CEO/rockstar Chicago alum, two from current company (my boss and CEO).
- Haven't interviewed at either yet.
Two questions: first, do I retake the GMAT in a month? Second, how am I looking right now?
Please help me...I'm freaking out a little bit.