Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - 680 GMAT for HBS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - 680 GMAT for HBS [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2011, 04:10
Dear All,

Hope you are doing well,

I have just taken the GMAT and scored 680 on my second attempt. I am still not satisfied with my score and thinking of re-taking the exam a 3rd time.

My profile is as follows:

- Arab male from the Middle East
- Graduated with Distinction from University
- Have 3 years of work experience in Consulting at one of the top 5 firms.
- Have lived in more than 5 different countries
- Have done some substantial charity work (cancer patients, education programs, etc ...)

I have 3 questions and would appreciate if you answer me.

1) Do you think I should retake the GMAT? HBS is one of the schools that asks you for how many times you have taken the GMAT. If I repeat it and I mention on my application that I have taken it 3 times, will that affect me?

2) Do I have chances of getting an interview with a 680, keeping in mind that many people who are applying with me with the same profile have a 700+ score

3) Do you think having my brother graduated from HBS a few years back will help me in my application and will be a factor that would help to get me an interview? I have heard that HBS really liked legacies and all.

Many thanks!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - 680 GMAT for HBS [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2011, 06:50
Expert's post
Hi John,

I answered your question in your last post below.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap