Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Could you help me evaluate my profile. Thanks in Advance.
Profile: Indian Male - Engineer- 3 yrs work experience (at the time of matriculation) in IT industry
1) Work Experience : I have been working as senior software engineer in a US based MNC. Worked in challenging roles , take up huge responsibilities and coordinated with people across geographies (including JAPAN , US). Got promoted to Senior software engineer in 1.5 years. Received awards and appreciation for the work.
2) Gmat : 700 (Q49 , V 37) , IR - 4 , AWA - awaiting result.
3) College info: Anna University ,Chennai, India - BE computer science Graduated in 2012 April GPA 3.9 (89%)
4) Extra Curricular activities: -- Taken part in volunteering in NSS (national service sceheme) . Been to rural villages to spread awareness on education , health. -- Have taken up few leadership roles . Head of Sponsor Team for our department symposium , liaised with various firms approaching and organzing sponsors. -- Have been Department representative for an year during college. Involved organizing and managing various classes , represented student body on various issues and actively coordination among department faculties and students, -- Anchored many cultural events in colleges -- Promoted with in the shortest span in 1.5 years of joining.
5) Important Certifications (CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA): NO
6) Target Programs :
Columbia Business School Dartmouth Tuck NYU Stern UC Berkeley Haas Yale School of Management Northwestern Kellogg IE buisness school ISB INSEAD
7) Application cycle: Fall 2015 . Applying in round 2 2014-15
8) Post MBA Goal: (posting a crisp goal) Gain Experience in Finance and Consulting and to follow entrepreneurship path .
It could be helpful if you could suggest some target universities for my reach .
While your work experience and academics look strong, I consider some of the schools on your list to be unrealistic reaches. You are in a highly over-represented group, which generally presents stellar numbers plus strong experience. From the information provided, I’d consider reasonable-reach US-based schools for your goals to be Yale (from the list), UVA Darden and UCLA Anderson (not on the list). Tepper might be a good on-par. Among the European schools, Insead would be a very high but perhaps reasonable reach, and IE on-par. I’d consider ISB also to be a high reasonable reach, considering the very strong Indian applicant pool. _________________
Thanks a lot for you suggestions . It will be extremely helpful to me in re considering the list of colleges that I can apply. I do have one more request. Could you also tell me how are chances of scholarships being awarded to Indian demographic in general
As for scholarships for Indians, it's tough, again, because of the over-represented factor. Generally, the more that you represent a "reach candidate" for a b-school, the more chance of a scholarship. So applying to at least some on-par or even safety schools will increase your chances of funding. Then, ideally, with multiple acceptances, you can weigh your options _________________
http://blog.ryandumlao.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/IMG_20130807_232118.jpg The GMAT is the biggest point of worry for most aspiring applicants, and with good reason. It’s another standardized test when most of us...