Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 12:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - 700 Raw Score / 5 years work ex. in IBM

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Profile Evaluation - 700 Raw Score / 5 years work ex. in IBM [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 21:14
Hello,

Background:
Will be 30 when I start MBA in Fall 2014
Indian Male, SAP SD Consultant in IBM

Education:
8.15 CGPA / 3.4 GPA from Jadavpur University - Chemical Engineering
700 GMAT (90th percentile) - Q50 V34, Raw Score

Work Exp:
~5 years 4 months of IT consulting experience in IBM. Have started my career with IBM in 2007 as an Automation Testing Consultant. Worked as a tester for 1.5 years and after working as a Team Lead of 4 members for 1 year, I made a lateral shift to SAP SD Functional Consultant role. I have handled clients such as Phillip Morris International, Amgen Pvt. Ltd., Merck and Emirates Aluminium (EMAL).
~Have won 2 prestigious awards from IBM. The IBM Bravo Award in 2008 for my support during critical times, and the IBM Eminence and Excellence Award for maintaining a very good level of Client relationship and satisfaction. Have been a member of the LEAN team, and have been involved with the LEAN implementation for my project.

Volunteering:
I am a team member of the Computer Literacy Program, which has been initiated to impart education to underpriviledged students of age range 8-18. I have taught students for over 3 years in due course of this program. I have made regular visits to NGO's hosting various learning programs such as Spoken English, English Grammar etc, inteviewing candidates for various activities to be held in the IBM Campus, and organizing various fun events such as Painting competition and other cultural activities.

Extra Curriculars:-
I have anchored and hosted numerous events in IBM and I have been the Cultural SPOC for my building regarding all events. I have performed as a lead vocalist in various stage shows, both in IBM events and outside local events. I am extremely passionate about Sketching and have been involved with Bird/Nature Photography.

Referrees:
1) my current upline Manager (EMAL)
2) my previous upline Manager (Phillip Morris International)

Target schools: HBS (Dream school), Tuck and Duke (Reality).

Interests: Looking forward to work with the best consulting firms of the world. My interests lie with Strategy, entrepreneurship, general management.

Please comment on my overall profile, and specifically my GMAT score and my target schools.

Thank you,
Som
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation - 700 Raw Score / 5 years work ex. in IBM [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 08:24
Expert's post
Hi Some2609,

Thanks for posting. Nothing about your story makes me think there is any reason why you cannot be admitted, but nothing stands out telling me why you should be admitted. All of the reasons why a top program would admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story.

Regarding your GMAT score, you have a strong score. For the exam your highest score will be self-reported on your application, which is why admissions teams will focus on your best score. It is for this reason that we recommend that if you believe you can improve your score by 30+ points, that you consider retaking the exam.

We have free school specific advice here:

Tuck: http://www.stacyblackman.com/business-s ... outh-tuck/
Fuqua: http://www.stacyblackman.com/business-s ... uke-fuqua/

If you'd like, we also provide free 30 minute phone consultations here: http://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap