Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation -710 4th Attempt

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 50

Reviews Badge
Profile Evaluation -710 4th Attempt [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 07:07
Hi
I will be highly obliged if I get a decent evaluation of my profile.

Background:
Indian, Male, 29

Education:
B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering From North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, India) (Deemed University)
GPA: 3.96/5.00 (Dont Know exact conversion in 4.00 Scale)
GMAT : 710 (Q49, V40) (Highest in 4th Attempt) IR/AWA: Awaited (Hope a lower score in IR)
12th: 75.8%
10th: 74.3%

Work Experience:
A total of 7.5 Yrs in Indian Automobile Industry (6.5 Years in Ashok Leyland Ltd & 1 Year in Daimler India commercial vehicles Pvt Ltd)
- Extensive work experience in Ashok Leyland After Sales Marketing with lot of good initiatives and improvements in after sales market. Lot of implementation works of new tools in the industry. Lot of Ground level work on customer handling and customer satisfaction.
- Currently working in Daimler as Manager After Sales Marketing. Lead role in establishment of Daimler Customer Support centre cum vehicle monitoring department. Successfully established and being operational now.

Extra curricular Activities:
I am a good sports person from my early days.
Led under 13, under 16 Cricket team in sub-divisional cricket tournaments in my state.
Subsequently selected in senior level sub-division cricket at age 17
Good cricket history in College level with lot of awards
Javeline throw gold medalist for 3yrs in college (holding college record too)
Member of Daimler cricket/soccer association
Few social initiatives in my village to literate village women
BR Ahmedkar Award for securing 60% marks both in 10th & 12th from Backward Community

Post MBA: : I want to continue in the same manufacturing Industry, preferably Automotive. I want to concentrate on General Management or Marketing

Target School: In US: Harvard, Kellogg, Ross, Duke, Indiana-Kelly
In Europe: Insead, IMD

Kindly dont hesitate to suggest school based on my profile.

Regards
SD
-----------------------------
Press Kudos if you like my post.
Debrief 610-540-580-710(Long Journey): from-600-540-580-710-finally-achieved-in-4th-attempt-142456.html

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stratus Prep Admissions Consultant
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation -710 4th Attempt [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 10:39
Expert's post
Hi SOURH7WK,

I enjoyed reading your profile. One challenge you will face is convincing business schools that you actually need an MBA since you want to stay in the same industry. You need to prove that taking two years away from the workforce to complete your MBA will benefit you more than continuing to work your way up the corporate ladder. You might want to emphasize wanting to gain a more international perspective as well as your desire to learn to manage larger teams and to better understand operational innovations.

Your grades and GMAT score are strong. If you can increase your GMAT score by even 20 or 30 points, that could help you in the admissions process, especially at schools that weigh the GMAT heavily, such as Wharton (though your high quant score will particularly impress Wharton).

You mentioned an initiative you have been a part of to increase women's literacy in your village. Get more involved in this initiative and try to obtain a leadership position by heading up a new project or expanding the program to new villages. The key is to make a strategic contribution. Business schools like to see leadership in your community in addition to in your workplace.

Of the schools you listed, Harvard and INSEAD are the biggest stretches for you, though they are both attainable if you position yourself in the right way for each school in your applications. You might consider also adding MIT and Chicago. My Stratus Prep colleagues and I specialize in the top schools, and we know exactly what types of applicants they are looking for, and what potential problems they will likely identify in your application, such as your extensive work experience (which makes it slightly tougher though not impossible to get in – the key is we have to work together to demonstrate why at this particular junction in your career and MBA is imperative). HBS is generally looking for students coming in with three to five years of work experience, but at Stratus Prep we have successfully worked with Indian applicants with 7+ years of experience.

For more information on how we could work together on your applications, email me at shawn.oconnor@stratusprep.com.

Good luck!

Shawn

Shawn O'Connor
Founder/CEO, Stratus Prep
shawn.oconnor@stratusprep.com
212-307-1788
http://www.stratusprep.com

Re: Profile Evaluation -710 4th Attempt   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2012, 10:39