I come from the largest pool of MBA aspirants i.e. Indian/IT/male(age 29) and need your help in evaluating my profile.
1) GMAT score: 720 (q49, v38) - (AWA/IR scores awaited; a little disappointed with this score, can retake if you advise.)
2) Total work ex: 8 yrs in various roles in two renowned IT companies (4 yrs each)
3) Certifications: PMP, CSQA (Now expired) and FLMI level 1
4) Graduation: From one of the top engineering colleges in India. 73% (First class with distinction - due to tougher scoring, criteria for distinction in my college was 70% compared to 75% in other indian colleges)
5) International exposure: 30% of total workex. worked in South Korea and currently working in Singapore.
6) Extra curricular+ community service: Not muh to mention here. Organized a few project parties in my first company. part of cricket team for small duration (before moving to a new location). participated in team-sports events in my second company (won some tournaments). Dint get much opportunity in India to do any community work, however did some volunteer work in Singapore as plenty of opportunities are available here.
7) Areas of Interest : Primary : Management consulting, Secondary : Strategy, General management
8) Won several awards and certificates of achievement during my 8yrs career from my employers and appreciations from clients.
9) Colleges to apply :
e) HEC Paris
What I realize here is that my GMAT score and the pool that I come from could be a big disadvantage for me and my little (or close to nil) extra curricular and community service experience add to this.
I would really appreciate your inputs on my profile and on my chances (far, stretch,strong) at the colleges mentioned. Also, I would request you to suggest some additional colleges where you think I could be a good fit, with chances to get a decent scholarship (a huge factor) considering my profile. (I understand application/essays and recommendations are important factors but since I'm just done with my GMAT, would appreciate if you could provide your inputs based on the above mentioned information.
Black Friday Debrief