Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 01:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: 720 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q38 V41
WE: Project Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation: 720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 10:15
Thank you in advance for the evaluation!

Indian male, 31 yrs
GMAT: 720 (Q48, V41)
Work Exp: 8 years 10 months (half in India, half in the US), entire career working in IT services and outsourcing industry.

Graduated in 2003 from a regional Govt engineering school, first class (75%). Started my career in 2004. Worked as a software engineer for 5 years, program manager for 1 year and project manager for 2.5 years. As a program manager I had up to 30 direct reports. As a project manager, I managed small to medium sized projects for clients within companies like Microsoft, with no direct reports.

My work visa expired early this year and I moved back to India. I have been unemployed since February, mostly due to family, health and travel reasons

My target school list for full time MBA 2014 are Haas, Anderson, Duke, Marshall, Kenan-Flagler, Emory, Kelley, Foster.

Are my target schools in line with my profile. Is Haas, Anderson or Duke too ambitious?

Will my employment gap since February ding my chances?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation: 720 GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 18:21
Expert's post
Yes your employment gap will be a hindrance particularly since you will be lumped in one of the largest applicant pools out there--Indian, male, IT. The likely perception will be that you can't find a job, so you are looking to the MBA to rescue your job search by positioning yourself with MBA recruiters. This is a sure way to get dinged. Best to get a job again and then possibly apply to an EMBA program, many of which like to see 8+ years of experience which you have. Not sure if you have given thought to an EMBA program, but having led multiple direct reports and with work both in the US and in Asia, you would be a better fit than for full time MBA programs.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews